With summer vacations in full swing, you might have the need to board your dog in a kennel. And while you can’t wait for much-needed rest and relaxation, boarding your loved pet can be stressful on both you and your pooch. Here are 6 tips to make the transition a bit easier. Stay Calm: If you’re at ease at the kennel, your pet will also be at ease. If you’re upset, your dog will also be upset.
Use the Same Food: Pack enough of your dog’s food so that his or her diet isn’t changed. Change in diet can lead to digestive problems and/or weight loss due to not eating.
Write Down His Health History: Make sure you give the boarding facility a copy of your pet’s health history in case any problems arise. If your pet is on medication, make sure the directions are clear and concise so no mistakes are made while you’re away.
Ensure Vaccinations Are Current: Kennels will not take a dog whose shots are not up to date. Get your shots well before your vacation starts so there’s no last-minute scrambling.
Comfort Your Dog: Pack blankets (with your scent), favorite toys, and anything else that will comfort your pet while he’s away.
Vet the Kennel: Do your due diligence. Find reviews, ask questions, and visit the kennel. Trust your instincts, and only place your dog if you feel absolutely untroubled.
Do you have any tips for boarding? Help your fellow pet parents here!
- ▶Dog Beds (4)
- ▶Dog Clothes (3)
- ▶Dog Collar (4)
- ▶Dog Feeders and Waterers (3)
- ▶Dog Mousepad (9)
- ▶Dog Movie (9)
- ▼Dog News (35)
- 10 Most Popular Boy Dog Names
- 15 Awesome iPhone Dog Photos
- 25 Foods that Make Dogs Ill
- 6 Tips on Boarding Your Dog
- Airlines With Most Dog Deaths
- Art for Pitties
- Back to School Blues 8 Separation Anxiety Cures
- Battle of the Celeb Dog Trainers
- Dog News Daily Blog Stories
- Dog Surfin USA
- Dogs a Distraction When Driving
- Dogs Detect Prostate Cancer
- Dogs Getting Dumber
- Dogs Help Kids Learn to Read
- Dont Let the Bed Bugs Bite
- Extreme Plastic Surgery Dog Edition
- Fairmont Miramar Bungalows And Hotel Santa Monica
- Fundraising Goes to the Police Dogs
- Help Your Pooch Beat the Heat
- Keeping Your Dog Safe on Independence Day
- National Pet Fire Safety Day
- Poop Power
- Psychic Dogs
- Pumpkin Pooches
- Really Old Dogs
- Smile Youre on Candid Web Cam
- Take Your Dog to Work Day
- The Woofminster Challenge
- TLCs Super Pooches Debuts
- Top 5 PetFriendly Hotels
- Two New Pet Food Recalls
- Viagra for Dogs
- Walkin Wheels Inventor Presents at Auburn
- Walt Disney Pet Resort a Treat
- Who Was Jack Russel
- ▶Dog Seat Belt (2)
- ▶Dog Toys (8)
- ▶Dog Training (14)
- ▶Dog Treats (6)
- ▶Uncategorized (1)
- ▶Dog Beds (4)